Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Essay Outline!?

I am writing an compare and contrast essay, about two books:

1. The Hobbit By J. R. R. Tolkien %26amp;

2. Rebecca By Daphne Du Maurier



I need to write a detailed outline of the essay and I don't know how to structure the paper. Can anyone give me examples of topics that will fit good in my essay outline? How do I construct my essay outline??



Please and thanks !

Essay Outline!?
Well I havent taken an english class in over 3 years, but from what I remember and outline is just help you get your general ideas started.

I would start with my opening sentence. Figure out what you want your introduction to be about.



Since you are doing a comparative essay make part of your body about how they differ, then another part about how they contrast eachother and then maybe a part about why their differences and similarities relate to eachother and why they are important to the story line etc...



So With the outline just take the basic ideas, find the quotes you will use to back up your ideas.



So it should go

1st paragraph- Introduction



Body

2nd paragraph give your ideas why the books are similar State and idea and then proof from books to back up

3rd Paragraph give ideas why the books are different. State idea and then proof from book to back it up

4th paragraph State why the differences or similarities are important to each book and their storyline(or you can make this about whatever)

*you can have as many body paragraphs as you would like, I am just going by the basic 5 paragraph format, not sure what grade you are in



5 paragraph Conclusion, for example why the differences and similarities were important or unimportant and what you think about the books



SO the outline is just to help you get the idea process started, and help when writing your actual essay

Ex

Inro- Opening sentence or Main Idea



Body- MAin differences

Main Similarities

Pull quotes from book and site to back up ideas

Conclusion- State main idea again and then a few sentences to close out essay

affiliate

No comments:

Post a Comment